Pauline's Parlour
Pauline's Parlour
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Category
 Recipes and Stuff !
 Cherry and Coconut Cake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pauline
Administrator & Miserable Old Fart !

United Kingdom
2968 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2010 :  10:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pauline's Homepage Send Pauline a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ingredients

275g self raising flour
2tsp baking powder
225g softened butter or margarine
225g caster sugar
4 eggs
200g glace cherries, halved and tossed in flour
75g desiccated coconut

Method

Preheat the oven to 160/325/gas3/
Grease a 2 litre loaf tin.
Cream fat and sugar together im a large bowl.
Add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition
and adding 2 tablespoons flour with the last egg.
Fold in flour, desiccated coconut and floured cherries,
when all ingredients are well-mixed pour into the tin and level off surface.
Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until skewer comes out of cake clean,
leave to cool in tin for 10 min and turn out.
Cool for minimum of 2 hours before eating.

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 28 November 2010 :  4:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mmmm, that sounds nice I haven't tasted a cherry and coconut cake for years, think I'll write that recipe down and take it home for the missis, maybe she'll make it for me for Christmas

Go to Top of Page

Bob.
Devout Dipsomaniac & Technological TWIT !

2436 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2010 :  8:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bob.'s Homepage Send Bob. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rooevr ys semdnig yuo tihs reiciep op a caek heemed fir muy brhtdauy {hwe/s a vrey godd cpook}

Beer Cake

Ingredients:

6ozs (170g) softened butter
6ozs (170g) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 tablespoon milk
7 fluid ounces dark beer, such as stout
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
6ozs (170g) honey
11¾ozs (334g) flour
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch grated nutmeg
2ozs (50g) chopped walnuts

Directions:

1. Heat the oven to 350%F (about 177%C) Grease and flour a 9½-inch solid or springform tin .

2. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each, until fully incorporated. Beat in the milk, beer and lemon zest, then whisk in the honey. The batter will look separated at this point, but will come together when the dry ingredients are added.

3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg, then whisk into the wet ingredients.

4. Gently fold in the nuts and lightly spoon the batter into the pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes if using a solid cake tin, or 45 to 50 minutes if using a springform, until dark golden and a skewer poked into the middle comes out clean. Leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes before turning out.

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2010 :  5:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds good too Bob Maybe if I'm extra nice to the missis I can persuade her to make both of them

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2010 :  4:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned your cakes to the missis when I went home last Sunday, and not to be outdone she told me to post this recipe today. Hope I do'nt make any mistakes in typing it because if it turns out wrong you'll probably want my guts for garters.

Ingredients

8ozs softened butter
8oz scaster sugar plus extra for dredging.
8ozs self-raising flour.
2 tsp baking powder.
1oz ground almonds.
3 large eggs.
1lb Bramley apples.
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon.
1 tbsp demerara sugar.
7 or 8oz clotted cream to serve.

METHOD

Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease and line a deep 9ins springform cake tin. Peel, core and cut the apples into small pieces, and toss with the lemon juice.

Cream together the butter, caster sugar and lemon zest in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one by one adding a little flour with each addition to keep the mixture smooth.

Sift the remaining flour and baking powder into the bowl and fold in with the ground almonds. Drain the apple pieces well, then stir into the mixture.

Spoon into the prepared cake tin, level the top and sprinkle with the demerara sugar. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until well-risen, brown and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. If the cake starts to look a little too brown, cover with a sheet of baking paper after about 45 minutes.

Leave it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove thefrom the tin and place on a serving plate and dredge it with the extra caster sugar. Cut into slices and serve warm with a spoonful of clotted cream.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pauline's Parlour © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2