Pauline's Parlour
Pauline's Parlour
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Category
 General Discussion
 Nadolig Llawen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob

2570 Posts

Posted - 25 December 2017 :  12:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fröhliche Weihnachten

Meery Chirtsam

Pauline
Administrator & Miserable Old Fart !

United Kingdom
2968 Posts

Posted - 25 December 2017 :  12:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pauline's Homepage Send Pauline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nadolig Llawen i chi hefyd Bob.

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2017 :  2:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A very HAPPY and HEALTHY New Year to Pauline, Larry, Bob and The Gravedigger....and all our other friends of yore.

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2017 :  2:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry.
Sorry pal, it's got to be a shortie again. We have just been invaded by a family group again. So go get your bag.
Here goes, all together...a Guinness, 4 Teasers and large Ferrero Rocher.
Hope you caught the lot. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Take care, hope you and your family are well.
See you next Sunday

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2017 :  4:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Fussy It's nice that you've got such a big family and that your so close to them. Apart from the missis and the kids most of my relatives live quite a way from here so we do'nt meet up all that often, but we keep in touch and try to visit sometimes (which is never as often as we'd like because of work) I feel quite sad when I see those Sally Army Christmas adverts and think about all those people who have nobody at all

Well thanks for this weeks treats, I managed to catch them all Time to pay a call on facebook now then pop home to bed - I like to be awake at midnight to welcome in the new year with my better half, but I've still got to be up for work at an unearthly hour in the morning -- livestock don't seem to grasp New Year or any other holidays and expect things to go on as usual so I want to get in a couple of hours early on so I can be up and around by midnight Happy New Year to everyone.

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2018 :  11:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry. Well, would you believe it. I've got bad news for you today. The AOL, the lot that I am connected to so that I can chat to our site and use other sites such as e-mail and many more, will not be available from this coming Tuesday so I'm afraid this will be my last message to our site.
I've got a computer technician calling here today to try to sort out the problem, but I'm not very likely to be able to connect to our site any more. So I will miss having our little weekly chat Larry. It's been great knowing you pal, and I'm going to miss you.
Take care, and I will try to send another few lines before Tuesday.
Best wishes to you and your family in the future.

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2018 :  5:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh no !! Very sorry to hear that Fussy, there'll be no point in coming here at all if you leave. But could'nt you just change to another whatever they call them ? (My mate sitting near me here just told me it's an ISP) I admit that I do'nt know a lot about this computer stuff but I'm sure there are other ways of connecting to the internet besides AOL ?
I'm feeling devastataed now, I think I might go home and cry

Go to Top of Page

Bob

2570 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2018 :  6:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hI dom/t udnerstamd yt iehter |Jyts diump AoOL amd sing ip wiht a diifreemt porviodr == theers doezms oif oihtres oyt theer too choooes form Ii wss wiht AIOL once byt I chuukced tehm beuaes tehy weer crraap

Go to Top of Page

Pauline
Administrator & Miserable Old Fart !

United Kingdom
2968 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2018 :  3:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pauline's Homepage Send Pauline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must admit to being a bit baffled by it myself, if you can't use AOL any more why can't you just change to a new provider ? I've changed my ISP umpteen times since I got my first computer. I started off with Freeserve, who later became Wanadoo, I was even with AOL myself but only for a very short time as I wasn't keen on them. Since then I've tried a few including Tiscali and Tesco's, but I don't remember them all. Then I got BT Broadband and was with them for quite a few years before changing to TalkTalk, but TalkTalk was the worse ever, so I'm now with Sky.

Well, if everybody's going to be disappearing I might as well give up this website completely, it doesn't really seem worth the bother of keeping on with it any more

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2018 :  6:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Pauline. Sorry about my problems due to AOL packing in. I shall do my best to sort things out soon. A local technician has been a bit backward in transferring to a different browser.
Hope you and the 'girls' are Ok.
Fussy. Big hug for the girls.

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2018 :  11:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry. As you can see by my reply to Pauline I'm having several problems with my computer and the new Browser. So I will just dish you a few lines today, until things are back to normal. Hope you are OK in this bitterly cold, especially in early morning tramping here and there. Ugh! I'd hate to get up at around 5 or 6 in the morning even in my cwtchy bedroom.
Right then, go get your bag, hold it steady, here goes,...2 cans of Guinness, 4 Teasers for the 'bosses', and a pack of After Eights for your 'better half'.
Hope you caught the lot.
Take care pal.
I just took a peep into our little garden a few minutes ago, Ugh! I nearly froze to death.
This is a funny Quick Reply window, it's odd!

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2018 :  4:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Howdy do Fussy I'm relieved to see that your still here, and happy to hear from Pauline and Bob too - after what you said last week and with Pauline talking about giving up the site I was almost afraid to come here today incase I found the place abandoned like that boat - the Marie Celeste, very glad that our little site is still sailing with a full crew Hope you manage to get things sorted out so that you can stay with us.

Fussy, 5 or 6 in the morning sounds like a lie-in to me I'm usually up and dressed by 4 and getting ready for the morning milking. It's not so bad in the Summer but it's miserable in the Winter having to get up in the pitch dark Still, the days are starting to get longer now and it'll be Spring before too long, so let's hope we get some better weather this year. (Being on a farm is pretty messy all year round, your wellies are always covered in something, but at least when it's light you can see what it is that you've trodden in )

Well thanks for the treats Fussy, I'll be off to visit facebook now. See you all next week I hope

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2018 :  4:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PS. I like the Snowdrops on here

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2018 :  2:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry. I'm still trying to sort things out, so I hope to be able to drop you a few lines on Sunday.

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2018 :  11:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry. Ooooh, I'm just able to get on here after a bit of a struggle. It's a bit dodgy because I've got to deal with having a different browser. Wow! It's a hell of a cold and wet day here again today, thank God Liz keeps the little birds fed with the half-coconut filled with bird food, and plenty of birdseed, they really love the coconut bird food.
Well, Pauline seems to be OK, after her hospital visit, hope so anyway. And Meg and Molly are looking good, they snuggled up to Tom when he was working on the hedge, they are two lovable souls, and full of all kinds of antics.
OK then, go get your holder-bag. here goes, it's a Budweiser this week (Liz got the wrong one) sorry bout that. Here goes again, 4 Teasers for the 'bosses', and a small Ferrero Rocher for your 'better half'.
Take care pal, hope the four wheel drive is still taking you everywhere.

In my lifetime I've never known the world to have so so so much b****Y floods, killings, ruination of homes and properties, murders and storms.

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2018 :  4:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Afternoon Fussy, pleased to see you've managed to stay with us Yea the weather's blooming awful; it's been grey and miserable all day today and half the lanes round this way have got so much rainwater on them they look more like streams, and when you drive though the deeper puddles the water splashes up on either side of the cars like those water chute rides that they have in fairgrounds. All those people who pay to go on those rides in the fairground should come here instead and they could have the same effect completely free

Glad to hear Pauline survived her hospital trip, I do'nt like going to hospitals, even if I'm only visiting somebody else. Just being in the building and smelling that hospital smell is enough. As soon as I walk through the doors it makes me start imagining that I've got all sorts of symptoms myself It's good that she's got Molly and Meg, they always say that having pets is good for you (although after reading some of the things that those two get up to maybe Pauline would'nt agree about that all the time )

Speaking of birds, when I was out in the fields last week I saw one that I did'nt recognise, it was'nt one that we usually see around here. I'm thinking he might have been on his way to somewhere else and got blown off course by these terrible winds.

It's getting dark outside now, but it's quarter to 5, so at least the days are starting to draw out roll on Spring Oh well, time to hop across to facebook I suppose, thanks for this week's Goody-bag Take care of yourselves and see you next week all being well

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2018 :  11:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry. Still lousy weather innit. But I still think we are blooming lucky here in Swansea, I can't remember when we last had snow in the town centre. Hope you have not been snowed under in your area too, but I bet you have.
Well, everything seems to go wrong with my technical gadgets recently Larry. A week ago I was looking in my iPad for the score in the Swans' match with Liverpool when the message on the screen said...No Internet Connection. I thought 'bugger me' more trouble caused by the AOL problem. So that's another thing I am having to sort out, having AOL on another browser has caused all sorts of trouble.
We are both feeling pretty good at the moment, but I'm afraid to wander out to do a bit of shopping with Liz in case I get caught with the flu bug.
Anyway, hope you and your family are Ok.
Good job I've got a little stock of your goodies here, so go get your bag and hold it steady while I drop your goodies into it. Here goes, Blwmp. another Guinness, and 4 Teasers, and a pack of After Eights. Hope you caught the lot.
Well, that's it for today pal. Hope Pauline and Meg and Moll are OK. Now that my iPad is in trouble I'm not able to see them wandering around Saris.
Take care pal, hope the good old Land Rover is kicking well.
See you next week.

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2018 :  4:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Afternoon Fussy The weather doesn't seem to be getting any better does it, we've had it all round here at different times, I just wish it would make up it's flipping mind, I envy those countries where they more or less know what sort of weather to expect, whether it's snow in the Winter, rain only in the rainy season, whatever sort of climate they have they know it's going to be more or less the same at the same time every year, but in this country you never know what to expect, you can get up in the morning in shorts and t-shirt weather, by afternoon you need a mac and wellies and before bedtime your making a snowman in the garden Well maybe it's not quite as extreme as that, but you get my point

Hope you get your i-pad thingy sorted out Fussy -- I must admit that the only sort of I-pad I'm familiar with is the sort the doctor gives you when you've got eye trouble I sometimes hear the kids talking about I-pads and tablets and I just think their discussung somebody's medical problems

Pauline seems to have been a bit under the weather laely, with that hospital visit last week and other things, hope she's better this week, suppose I'd better pay my respects to facebook now and find out how she's doing. Thanks for the treats, take care and see you next week all being well

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2018 :  4:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering, why are we still posting on a thread titled Nadolig Llawen

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2018 :  11:16:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry. Yeah, it's funny how most of the forums on here are all mixed up, unless it's due to my mixup with the changes with AOL.
Anyway, how's life pal, hope you are coping with this lousy weather. It's still sunshine one minute, pouring rain the next, icy cold for most of the time. Let's hope we have an early spring.
I had a bit of a problem with my iPad last week, I switched on to know how the Swans were doing in their match with Arsenal and a message popped up saying,...No Internet Connection. My Wi fi had gone funny, so I sorted it out the next day, all I did was, take the Wi fi plug out of it's mains socket and plug it back in again. Yabba Dabba Doo, simple as that wood you believe it! I know that Wi fi is sensitive so I struck lucky. If I had called for a chap to sort it out it would have cost £60.
Well, I've got your treats here on my table, so go get your carrier bag. Here goes, Blwmp, it's a Guinness again, followed by 4 Teasers for the 'bosses,' and it's a small Ferrero Rocher for you know who.
Take care pal, hope your Land Rover is doing his job, and not having funny antics and drinking too much petrol.

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2018 :  4:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Afternoon Fussy Yeah things have been a bit muddled on here ever since all those old posts disappeared last year I miss being able to read back through all that stuff, it was interesting to go back through the past to remember what we were doing in those days and read posts from members who are no longer with us

Weather's still very changeable here, you never know what to expect from one minute to the next but at least Spring has arrived on this site, loving all the snowdrops I was getting a bit confused with still seeing the Christmas stuff at the end of January, I was starting to wonder if I'd slept right through 2018 and woken up just in time for NEXT Christmas

Glad you got things sorted out with the wi-fi, my first rule when ANY electrical gadget goes wrong is always check the plug first

I see that it was Rover's birthday last Monday. I wonder how old he was The average lifespan of a feret is 5 to 9 years, but Rover's been around since the old days of Aberdareonline which is at least 14 years ago, so he must be the world's oldest ferret by now

Oh well, not a lot of news this week so I'd better pay my weekly visit to facebook now I suppose. Thanks for the goodies See you next week all being well,

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2018 :  5:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2018 :  2:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry.
I'm boiling b****y mad. I typed you quite a reasonable chat about a couple of hours ago, and when I clicked Post New Reply this page shot up to the top and asked for my Password to Log-In, which I did, and it refused to accept it. I kept repeating the Password half a dozen times and it still refused to accept. Then I thought perhaps they wanted a new Password, so I entered a new one and added two numbers, they kept on refusing every thing I tried. I then left it and went downstairs for my lunch. No kidding, I was tamping mad.
I now came back up here to see if my message to you had been posted to you, but NO. I was b****y livid. I typed in my name and Password again which is the same as I've been doing for years and years and it accepted it. So WHY the B****y hell didn't they accept in the first place?

Go to Top of Page

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2018 :  2:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry again!
Let me know next week if you did get my original message to you today.

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2018 :  4:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Afternoon Fussy, well that does sound blooming annoying no, there's no sign of any earlier messages from you besides the ones you posted at 14.05 and 14.07, maybe the site was having some problems and they managed to sort it out by the time you got back the next time. That's only happened to me once, but that was my own fault because I tried to sign into facebook with the password I used on here so it didn't accept it. Suppose it would be easier to use the same password for both sites, but for some reason facebook would'nt let me use this password, I ca'nt remember what they said now, but they just said it was'nt suitable for some reason or other. Anyway, I'm glad you finally managed to post something, I'd have been worried if there's been nothing from you a all

How/s the weather been in Swansea ? We had some snow earlier in the week followed by more rain, but we also had two days when it did'nt rain at all which was like a miracle Maybe it's a sign that Spring might be somewhere around the corner I hope it is because I'm really sick and tired of all this b****y rain now, it seems to have been going on for ever this Winter

Time to pay my weekly visit to facebook now I suppose. Take care of yourself and hopefully I'll see you next week with no further computer troubles

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 18 February 2018 :  4:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh dear, no Fussy this week, hope he's ok after yesterday's earthquake It seems to have been quite widespread but I ca'nt say that I really noticed it here , although there was some fairly heavy farm machinery moving around here at the time, so if there was any ground shaking going on I probably put it down to the vibration from those I remember the 1984 earthquake though.

It's a horrible day here again today, earthquakes aside yesterday was'nt a bad day at all, but today is back to the usual, I'll be glad when Spring arrives, this has been a very long Winter, it seems to have been dragging on for ever

Oh well, as there's no sign of Fussy nor anybody else to talk to I might as well pay my ritual visit to facebbok. Hope your alright Fussy and that I'll talk to you next week all being well.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pauline's Parlour © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2