Pauline's Parlour
Pauline's Parlour
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Category
 History/Genealogy
 Down im teh muoht
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob.
Devout Dipsomaniac & Technological TWIT !

2436 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2010 :  5:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bob.'s Homepage Send Bob. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Iev benn donig a byt opf imvetsinaitng tio swe yf anuy uf muy amcetsrors weer famuous byt ut dosemt lokk vrey pormisnig Iev fuomd humderds oif famuos Roobrets byt teh omluy DOwn Iev fuomd soo fart ys teh bloek tehy naemd DOewns Symdroem atfer

The Gravedigger
Advanced Member

764 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2010 :  7:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Gravedigger's Homepage  Send The Gravedigger a Yahoo! Message Send The Gravedigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only famous person I ever heard of who shared my surname was Peter Graves. I used to imagine he was a relative until somebody told me that his real name was Aurness I believe he was the brother of James Arness who starred in Gunsmoke.

Go to Top of Page

F ussy
Baileys Benefactor !

5935 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2010 :  10:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ooooooh! Perhaps one of my ancestors has come back to meddle with my chatonline, as a revenge for my scribbling pencil marks all over a picture of him, when I was about 3 years old.

Go to Top of Page

The Gravedigger
Advanced Member

764 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2010 :  12:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Gravedigger's Homepage  Send The Gravedigger a Yahoo! Message Send The Gravedigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be at all surprised Fussy, some of these ancestors can be very grumpy I hear a lot of very scary stories in my travels around old churches

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2010 :  5:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just spotted this as I was about to leave the site. I've heard of a few famous Lambs but I don't think I'm related to any of them. There was Charles Lamb (who wrote Lamb's Tales from Shakespeare) and his sister Mary Lamb, I read that she stabbed their mother to death, so I HOPE I'm not related to her Then there was Lady Caroline Lamb who was Lord Byrons bit on the side, or if she was a very wooly Lamb maybe she could be called his bit of fluff, LOL And let us not forget my namesake, that other Larry Lamb (no, not the one from Eastenders, the one who was a puppet and lived in Toytown And last but not least, Shari Lewis's famous Lambchop

Go to Top of Page

F ussy
Baileys Benefactor !

5935 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2010 :  6:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ho! Ho! Ho!...Larry, that's the funniest posting I've seen on here for weeks.

Mares eat oats and Does eat oats,
And little Lambs eat ivy.

Go to Top of Page

Pauline
Administrator & Miserable Old Fart !

United Kingdom
2968 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2010 :  11:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pauline's Homepage Send Pauline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember Lambchop, he was cute, although I always thought the name was a bit cruel Shari Lewis had another puppet called Charley Horse, which always used to tickle me, because a charley horse was a term for some sort of sports injuries or muscle cramps I thought Shari Lewis was one of the best Ventriloquists around. The WORSE Ventriloquist I ever saw was Peter Brough, his lips moved all the time -- which is probably why he and Archie Andrews did so much of their work on the radio ! LOL

Go to Top of Page

crazynance
Advanced Member

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2010 :  3:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit crazynance's Homepage Send crazynance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shari Lewis had a TV show here. It had a cute theme song: Lambchops playalong, where kids come to play along, and fun things are all we ever do...

Then it had the most annoying song: This is the song that never ends.
It had about 3 lines that kept looping over and over. :D

Go to Top of Page

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 25 July 2010 :  4:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The missis told me she saw Larry Lamb (the Eastenders one) on one of those cookery shows last week. Hope he was'nt being a cannibal and cooking lamb chops

Go to Top of Page

Pauline
Administrator & Miserable Old Fart !

United Kingdom
2968 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2010 :  10:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pauline's Homepage Send Pauline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never eat Lamb Chops Larry . I haven't eaten any Lamb at all for 43 years. (Showing my age there aren't I. )

On the subject of Ancestors, I found out a while back that one of my Great-Great-Grandmothers might have come from Norfolk. I don't think I'd like Norfolk, too flat

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pauline's Parlour © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2