Pauline's Parlour
Pauline's Parlour
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Category
 Recipes and Stuff !
 Gingerbread
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gemini
Intermediate Member

256 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2003 :  7:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Gemini a Yahoo! Message Send Gemini a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Makes 12 squares
Ingredients:
• 5.5oz (150g) Butter
• 6oz (175g) Soft Brown Sugar
• 2 tbsps Black Treacle
• 8 oz (225g) Plain Flour
• 1 Beaten Egg
• Ό pint (150ml) Milk
• 2 Eating Apples, peeled, cored, chopped & coated with lemon juice (about 1 tbsp)
• 1tsp Baking Powder
• 2 tsps Bicarbonate of Soda
• 2 tsps Ground Ginger

Method:
• Preheat Oven to 170
• Lightly grease a 9” square baking tin
• Melt butter sugar & treacle in a pan over a low heat, then leave to cool
• Sieve the flour, Bicarb, Baking Powder & Ginger into a large bowl
• Stir in the Mil, Beaten Egg & cooled butter mixture followed by the chopped apples and lemon juice.
• Mix everything gently and then pour into the prepared tin.
• Bake for about 30 -35 mins until risen & a skewer or knife inserted comes out clean
• Leave to cool in the tin then turn out & cut into 12 pieces.

This is nice served warmed back up with custard……..

BigBrother
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2003 :  12:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Send BigBrother a Yahoo! Message Send BigBrother a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you told them about your garlic n cheese mash? yum yum

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2003 :  7:20:44 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK gingerbread is the next thing I will try MR loves ginger .I am getting to like this cooking lark .
I still have not made the Cranberry and Parmezan Muffins , I can't get any cranberries in the shops I have looked in so far ,no fresh ones !!!! out of season ,and no frozen ones either .
Poor MR went to one shop to look and they did not have any so he bought a jar of cranberry jelly he thought that would do . He tries so hard to please me .Aaaaaahhhhh

Go to Top of Page

Gemini
Intermediate Member

256 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2003 :  9:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Gemini a Yahoo! Message Send Gemini a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BG, have a look for a product called Craisans, they are normally with the baking stuff, they are dried cranberries & work just as well...

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2003 :  12:03:17 AM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Gemini , will look for them when I go shopping next ,I am determined to make those muffins one day .

Go to Top of Page

Toots
Arsehole

81 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2003 :  8:45:22 PM  Show Profile Send Toots a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gingerbread....reminds me when I decided to make a gingerbread house for Xmas one year. Starting out all gung-ho.As I dont bake, I bought the ginger bread house all ready for building all I had to do was assemble, ice and decorate. I also had on hand all the candies for the finishing touches on the house too.
Now to make the icing...it would not stick or
harden, after the third attempt, covered in icing, looking like a mess! Thinking who is going to eat THIS.. I packed it all away into the garbage and ate all the candies.
I have yet to attempt trying to make another gingerbread house. ;))

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pauline's Parlour © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2