Pauline's Parlour
Pauline's Parlour
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Category
 Recipes and Stuff !
 Parkin Recipe Please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2003 :  9:59:26 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has any one out there got an old fashioned recipe for Parkin .My mother use to always make it for bonfire night she use to make it about a week before and put it in a tin so it went all sticky ,but I'm blowed if I know what the recipe was .
The ready made one you buy in the shops now is nothing like it, as I tried some of it today .

Gemini
Intermediate Member

256 Posts

Posted - 27 October 2003 :  11:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Gemini a Yahoo! Message Send Gemini a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hold in there BG, recipe on it's way...courtesy of my mum! I know she has one somewhere, she just has to find it!!!

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 27 October 2003 :  11:31:08 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Gemini ,I do hope she can find it .
Strange I have 5 sisters but none of us know the exact recipe for the parkin our mother use to make .All we were interested in was eating it .

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2003 :  1:47:54 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gemini
Just thought I'd let you know I have managed to find a recipe for parkin ,so I will give it a go see if it turns out like my Mums .
Thank you for trying to find one for me .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pauline's Parlour © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2