Pauline's Parlour
Pauline's Parlour
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Category
 General Discussion
 Chat.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fussy

United Kingdom
6439 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2019 :  12:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry. Wintry weather here today, normal I suppose for this time of year. Last week I had an unexpected call to appear at a hospital which incidentally is only about a hundred yards from our front door. This is a hospital named Sancta Maria which did endless nursing run by nuns many years ago. It appears to be helping our Singleton Hospital to aid the treatment of eye problems like Cataract etc. I've been on the waiting list for about two years, so I'm lucky to get seen to at my age. I had treatment of several drops placed in both eyes etc, and will be called in for the operation in the next week or so. It will be on a Sunday, so if I've not popped in here you'll guess that I'm having the op' done.
Bob's birthday yesterday, I remembered late last night as you can see above this.
What a crazy world we're in eh! More trouble for the poor people of Syria now again, must be about six years since the poor people have been attacked, seeing the pictures on TV is heart breaking.
Right then, go get your bag. Here goes, as usual pal it's a Guinness. Now 4 Teasers for the 'gaffers' and Brooooom! A pack of Ferrero Rocher for your 'better half'. WOW!!!
Take care pal, keep the old Rover kicking. See you next Sunday, unless I'm in Sancta Maria.
Hope you are all in good health.

Larry Lamb

2406 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2019 :  5:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry Lamb's Homepage Send Larry Lamb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Afternoon Fussy, I'm a little bit late today, but better late than never as they say (Although I suppose that all depends on what you were late FOR )

Ah, so you have'nt actually had the cataract operation yet then! I thought it was a bit quick, going in and coming out on the same day Well good luck for when you do get it done, I'm sure it'll be fine though, surgery has improved a lot these days. When you think of how it was not all that many years ago it's a bloody miracle what the doctors can do nowadays. I even read some time back that they'd done a whole face transplant on somebody who'd been very badly burned, I'm not quite sure what I think about that, it sounds a bit creepy in a way, and after the operation who do you look like ? Do you look like the person that had the face before you, or does the skin sort of mould itself around your bone structure so that you look moreor less the same as you did before, or do you look like a mixture of both or nobody in particular ? It's a weird thought is'nt it, but please god I'll never be in a position where I need to have it done, I imagine it's a bloody painful thing to go through however it turns out Anyway, it's nice that the hospital is so close to home, we're miles from a hospital or even a doctor's surgery here, so it would take ages to get there or for an ambulance to get out here if anything ever went wrong.

I'd forgotten about Bob's birthday too until I saw the Happy Birthday banner that Pauline's put up for him, very suitable it is too for our Bob - I wonder how long it would take him to drink that lot if they were real ?

Oh well, better visit facebook now I guess, as I said I'm running a bit late today and it's starting to get dark earlier and earlier now, soif I'm to paymy respects to my facebook friends and get home before dark I'd better not hang around too long.

Thanks for this weeks goodies Fussy Take care of yourself and all being well I'll be chatting to you again next Sunday

PS I hope there are'nt any ghostly nuns hanging around that hospital, some of those nuns were right tartars

Go to Top of Page

Bob

2570 Posts

Posted - 28 October 2019 :  6:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wass goonig om heer,I dom/tknoe wihhc thraed tpo repluy too Buy teh wauy; whuy cam/t wee chameg teh wrodimg off teh emial meesaegs om heer soo wee cam semd oir oin meesaeg imstaed oif haevng tpo ues teh stamdrad oen

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pauline's Parlour © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2