Pauline's Parlour
Pauline's Parlour
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Category
 Recipes and Stuff !
 Cakes for Christmas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2005 :  4:24:22 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Years ago I always use to buy a Tunnis Cake for christmas ,but I have not seen any in the shops around here for a few years now ,does anyone have a recipe to make one .
I have tried looking on the net but found nothing ,maybe I am spelling it wrong .

Pauline
Administrator & Miserable Old Fart !

United Kingdom
2968 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2005 :  4:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pauline's Homepage Send Pauline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't say I've ever heard of that BG, but I HAVE found a recipe for a Tunis Cake, could this be what you mean ?

Tunis Cake Recipe

(Makes 10--12 portions)

For the cake:-
225 g/8 oz self-raising flour
170 g/6 oz softened butter
170 g/6 oz caster sugar
110 g/4 oz ground almonds
1 lemon (juice and grated rind)
3 eggs

For the topping:-
plenty of good quality chocolate
6 marzipan fruits

Place the butter and sugar into a food mixer and beat until pale. Add the eggs, flour, lemon juice, lemon rind and ground almonds, mixing thoroughly. Place the mixture into a 20 cms/8 in greased and floured tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 degree C/300 degree F/gas 2 for one hour or until springy in the middle when pressed. Leave on a wire rack to cool.

To decorate the cake, wrap some greaseproof paper around the sides of the cake, standing proud of the top, secure this with a piece of string. This forms a well into which you can pour the melted chocolate. Remove the greaseproof and you'll find that the chocolate shouldn't have run down the sides. (Ideally, you should have one centimetre of chocolate) leave to set and place the marzipan fruits on the top to finish.

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2005 :  6:35:24 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thank you Pauline that is the one I am looking for ,sounds simple enough to make so I'll have a go . Bet my sponge will sink in the middle never mind I can just fill the crater with more chocolate .

Must get lots of marzipan fruits so I can put some on top of the trifle as well ,I had never heard of this until I saw my mother in law doing it years ago ,the grand kids will love them I'm sure .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pauline's Parlour © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2