Pauline's Parlour
Pauline's Parlour
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Category
 Recipes and Stuff !
 As Promised...Peanut Butter Cookies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gemini
Intermediate Member

256 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2003 :  8:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Gemini a Yahoo! Message Send Gemini a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ingredients:
• 4.5 oz (125g) butter, softened
• 5.5 oz (150g) chunky peanut butter
• 8oz (225g) granulated sugar
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 5.5 oz (150g) plain flour
• .5 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 2.75 oz (75g) shelled uncooked peanuts, chopped
• Handful of white chocolate chips (optional)

Method:
• Preheat oven to 190 (gas mark 5) & grease 2 baking sheets.
• Beat together butter & peanut butter, blend in the sugar gradually.
• Add the beaten egg & combine thoroughly.
• Sieve the flour, salt & baking powder into the mix add the peanuts & bring together to form a soft dough.
• Wrap in cling film & chuck in the fridge for 30 mins.
• Divide into 20 pieces, roll into balls & flatten slightly then space well on baking sheets.
• Bake for 15 minutes till golden, then transfer to a cooling rack & try to keep your hands off them till they are cool enough to eat!

easy eh?!

n/a/1
deleted

2606 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2003 :  10:05:36 PM  Show Profile Send n/a/1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice one Gemini and thanks!

Hubby loves peanut butter so this recipe is a definite.

I just hope I dont burn them though.

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2003 :  10:21:26 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks
Off to the shop in the morning to get the ingredients .

Go to Top of Page

Gemini
Intermediate Member

256 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2003 :  11:09:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Gemini a Yahoo! Message Send Gemini a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ML, i'm sure you wont burn them! if i can make them anyone can!!
BG, asda do a big bag (500g) of peanuts (with the shells on) for 97p, nice to just munch on as well as for this recipe!!

Go to Top of Page

BigBrother
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
531 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2003 :  6:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Send BigBrother a Yahoo! Message Send BigBrother a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mmmm, my Scooby Doo lunchbox has been stuffed with Peanut Butter Cookies for the past couple of days......very nice. I'd like to add that my gf (Gemini) is a very good cook and spoils me rotten. Then again I spoil her in the bedroom......

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2003 :  6:19:14 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Made the cookies this afternoon ,they turned out quite well for me .
They are really lovely wish I'd made forty now .LOL
Next recipe please .

Go to Top of Page

Gemini
Intermediate Member

256 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2003 :  7:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Gemini a Yahoo! Message Send Gemini a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Told you they where easy BG do you want another sweet recipe, or a savoury one?

Go to Top of Page

Moonraker

1024 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2003 :  7:19:30 PM  Show Profile Send Moonraker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Make it savoury please.

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2003 :  9:57:18 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gemini
I prefer the sweet ones, but better let MR have his way or he'll have the miseries for days

Go to Top of Page

Gemini
Intermediate Member

256 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2003 :  11:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Gemini a Yahoo! Message Send Gemini a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BG, I think I have a recipe that may satisfy both of you....it's an easy one (as always!) for Cranberry & Parmesan muffins- sounds nasty I know, but works really well! I'll post it later this evening when I get home

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2003 :  11:41:04 AM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gemini
Looking forward to that ,it does sound rather strange though .MR can have a go at making them this time ,although fair play he did help me with the cookies he likes to have a go at new recipes .

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2003 :  09:12:06 AM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gemini
Have you forgotten about the Cranberry and Parmesan Muffins ,or are you very busy ?
We have eaten all the peanut butter cookies now we are starving .

Go to Top of Page

Gemini
Intermediate Member

256 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2003 :  2:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Gemini a Yahoo! Message Send Gemini a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sorry i wasnt in last night much! i'll try & post it tonight i promise!!

Go to Top of Page

Beacon Girl
A Fiery Female !

4777 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2003 :  2:46:22 PM  Show Profile Send Beacon Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gemini
Don't worry ,I was only joking. It will do us good a couple of days of fasting after all those cookies .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pauline's Parlour © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2